What’s a blog without a year in review post?? Probably infinitely more interesting and engaging, but WTH lets give it a whirl. Thanks to Heather at Hopelessly Flawed, and all those who joined in before her, for the nudge to post.
So before the year is officially over I better get at it…
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Started a blog, worked in the snack shack at baseball, grew garlic in my garden, painted cabinets, made freezer jam and bought a vehicle sight unseen via an internet auction.
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really set any resolutions other than hey the holidays are over time to get back to reality, clean the place up and stop eating so many desserts.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My sister-in-law gave birth to my cute little niece Lucy, and my friend gave birth to a great little guy named Cooper!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Only those in my dreams.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory? Why?
Dates, um no dates for me…well except for those random “date nights” Mr B&W and I have.
As far as dates on the calendar, well November 11 was memorable because AJ turned 11 on 11/11.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping the budget in line and making it work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not conquering the clutter monster.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well no, unless you consider sore joints from too much shoveling an injury.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new-to-me minivan. It’s loaded & it rocks. (and the boys can easily be separated)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
AJ had a great year with High Honor Roll, a Baseball Championship, Sportsmanship Award and a golden Birthday.
Bubba deserves credit for a fabulous start to his first school year, and no trips to the principal, yet.
G-Man had a great internship and is poised to graduate on schedule and make 2010 memorable too.
Mr B&W gets kudos for keeping it all together and working his butt off for us.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some real loser teenagers that think killing random people is somehow fun. UGH disgusting, appalling and depressing.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Money, what money?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My youngest starting Kindergarten and him being really into it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
You Spin me Round (Like a Record Baby) by Dead or Alive. Bubba sings and dances to it incessantly so it is now permanently etched in my mind.
17. Compared to this same time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Who said we were supposed to be keeping track?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Play with the boys, listen, exercise, declutter, and finish all the projects I started.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family at home, reveling in the magic and joy on their faces.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I fall in love with my guys over and over when I look at their cute faces. I am sappy that way.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Well now that The Shield is over I’d have to go with House. Although Survivor and Jeopardy are family must-watch TV shows.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t really go around saying I hate people. But I am sure there are some bozos who probably deserved it, like pedophiles, wife beaters and psycho teenage killers.
24. What was the best book you read?
In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, really makes you think about what you eat.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I play a pretty mean base on Guitar Hero World Tour. Oh, and I don’t really know EVERY word to all the songs I thought I did.
26. What did you want – and get?
More time with my husband. (isn’t self employment great?)
27. What did you want – and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I did not see very many new movies, so the re-release of The Dark Knight would have to be it.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Officially I turned 47 this year, so yeah all I recall is the delicious Chocolate truffle cake with raspberry sauce.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeausurably more satisfying?
If it were 75° and sunny all the time.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I embodied the Mom-on-the-Go style thanks to Angie at You look Fab.
32. What kept you sane?
Mr B & W and those random margaritas.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am not big on fawning over celebs, but I do enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey rant and rave.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I would have to say healthcare. It bothered me terribly that so many people with coverage think everything is fine, which for them maybe it is, but seem to not care that many people do not have affordable healthcare, or any at all.
35. Who did you miss?
I miss G-man and AJ when they are not at home.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
AJ’s new social studies teacher! She is super nice and has a clue.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Don’t drink wine with Shelly.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Another one Bites the Dust
Alrighty then, now it is your turn…go ahead it’ll make you think, and maybe grumble a little too. Post to let me know you joined in, and the Comment Luv will link you up.
Happy New Year!